Education- Top 5 NSW selective school student
- UNSW Commerce Degree with 81 WAM and Accounting Co-op Scholarship (18 months of accounting internships whilst at university at leading companies)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
Experience- 18 months of internship experience whilst at university as part of accounting co-op scholarship
- 3 years experience in a big 4 accounting firm within Corporate Finance
- Currently employed (1 year) at a top financial institution within Strategy
- Completed CFA and CA program simultaneously
- Guest lectured at University of Sydney to 300 students
- Tutored Year 6 maths, science and english for over a year
- Ran a self-created single day exam revision course for 10 year 12 economics students
I want to tutor to get the best out of every student and turn a stressed and scattered approach into a more relaxed yet focused learning.
My teaching style is understanding a students thought process to solving a problem and assisting them with breaking complex problems into more manageable pieces. I am flexible in adapting to students way of learning and really appreciate how to deal with students struggling in their subjects. I will explain things simply and will focus on teaching you the tools to approach a problem, rather than through memorising a method.
I am available for the following university subjects (UNSW subjects listed below but I can also teach the University of Sydney, Macquarie, UTS, WSU equivalent etc.):
- ACCT1501 ACCT1511 Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACCT2542 Corporate Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ACCT3563 Issues in Financial Reporting
- ACCT2522 Introductory Management Accounting
- FINS1612 Capital Markets and Institutions
- FINS1613 Business Finance
- FINS3625 Applied Corporate Finance,
- FINS3641 Security Analysis and Valuation
- ECON1101 Microeconomics 1
- ECON1102 Macroeconomics 1
Beyond university I can teach:
- CFA (all levels)
- CA (all subjects)
At a School level, I can teach:
- Maths to grade 10
- Economics to Year 12 (Band 6 in HSC)
- Business Studies to Year 12 (Band 6 in HSC)
Subjects I can tutor in from different universities are below.
Australian Catholic University:
Principles of Finance, Financial Instruments and Institutions, Portfolio Management
Charles Sturt University:
FIN211 Financial Management, FIN230 Financial Institutions & Markets, FIN350 Strategic Financial Management, FIN221 Investments, FIN310 Commercial Banking & Finance, FIN320 Financial Institutions Lending, FIN370 Funds Management
Introductory Finance 201, Portfolio Management 301, International Finance 302, Corporate Finance 307
AFIN100 Introduction to Finance, ACST201 Financial Modelling, AFIN250 Investments, ACCG350 Financial Statement Analysis, AFIN352 Applied Portfolio Management, AFIN353 Advanced Corporate Finance
Southern Cross University:
FIN10708 Finance and Investment for Business, ACC00152 Business Finance, FIN10254 Financial Institutions, Instruments and Markets, FIN10709 Foundations of Finance, FIN10710 Business Value Analysis, FIN10711 Portfolio Management
University of New South Wales:
FINS1612 Capital Markets and Institutions, FINS1613 Business Finance, FINS2624 Portfolio Management, FINS3625 Applied Corporate Finance, FINS3630 Bank Financial Management, FINS3641 Security Analysis and Valuation, FINS3655 Behavioural Finance
University of Notre Dame:
Principles of Finance, Financial Markets and Instruments, Corporate Finance, Financial Analysis and Valuation
University of Sydney:
FINC2011 Corporate Finance I, FINC2012 Corporate Finance II, FINC3013 Mergers and Acquisitions, FINC3015 Financial Valuation: Case Study Approach, FINC3017 Investments and Portfolio Management, FINC3018 Bank Financial Management, FINC3020 Financial Risk Management, FINC6021 Corporate Valuation
University of Technology Sydney:
25300 Fundamentals of Business Finance, 25556 The Financial System, 25503 Investment Analysis, 25557 Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice, 25574 Commercial Bank Management, 25575 Investment Banking, 25558 Issues in Corporate Finance
HobbiesI love playing squash, indoor soccer and tennis. I also enjoy watching Suits and House of Cards on Netflix.
Client Reviews (4)
Mohil is one of the most helpful and intuitive tutors I have ever had. He has mastered the ability to understand a problem and find its rightful solution, specific to the learning capability of the student. He also spends his own time, to conduct research and further his knowledge to ensure he can deliver the best knowledge. Thanks for being awesome, Mohil! Highly recommend!!!!
Mohil is a very understanding and relatalbe tutor. He explains concepts in understandable terminology and ensures that the student is always keeping up. Could not recommend him more!
Mohil is a fantastic tutor who adapts to the time that is most suitable for the client. He is also quite enthusiastic and intelligent in the subjects that he offers. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a tutor!
Mohil is one of the best tutor that I ever have. He always read the material beforehand and use daily life example which relates to us. I will strongly suggest him if you have any problem with Finance and Accounting. Overall, I did not regret of my choice with Mohil.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.